Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Vigilante of the Month..


Rorschach! Watchmen by Alan Moore was not only a great, intense read but it also brought us some pretty memorable characters. The best one in my opinion is Rorschach. A brutally affective, finger breaking, neck cracking, dog cleaving spychopath. Rorschach's hunt for a kidnapped girl in one chapter is both intense and frightening. His back story is a common one. His mother a whore, father no where to be found, not to mention the ugliest kid on the block. In his first fight, around ten years old, he bit a chunk out of a bullies face...justice! Fast-forward 20 years and you have a hero. Very mis-understood...He's just trying to help! With a Watchmen movie coming out next year I hope they get the inner-rage and complexity of the character right. Read Watchmen if you havn't already. P.S. the ghost ship approaches!

1 comment:

Cracked said...

I can't wait for this movie...I recently reread the graphic novel and I'm as floored as I was the first time I read it. Rorschach is awesome...I hope they don't cheap out and really do a good job with the costume designs on him...esp his mask! I've seen some prelim sketches and they are uninspired...but still when I saw them it was pretty early on. Also...we've talked about that ghost ship b4...hope that stays in the film...would be a shame if it ended up on the cutting room floor... My personal favorites are Dr. Manhattan and Night Owl...remember the action figures they had in the comic? I want an Owl Ship! :(